All it takes is a little love and care to keep your Bestswimwear bikinis in top shape. If you have bought cheap swimwear or "fast fashion" it is made to be almost disposable. We want to promote "slow fashion." Quality swimwear you will wear over and over again.
- Wash, rinse, repeat: Clean it every time you wear it.
- A cold shower: Always use cold water.
- Organics: Use soap that is good for your fabrics and the environment.
- High & Dry: Hang or lay flat to dry out of the sun.
- Heavy Rotation: Wear a different bikini everyday to make your suits last and keep your style fresh.
- Hot Mess: Hot tubs and Saunas.
- Chemical Attraction: Chlorine, salt and SPF.
- Scratch the Surface: Pool edges, cement and wood.
- Spin Class: No washing machines. Ever.
- Tainted Love: If you love your suit keep them separated when wet.
If it’s not good for your skin, it’s not good for your hand-washables either. All the ingredients in our favorite bikini cleaner Soak are skin and fabric friendly, with no harsh chemicals or overwhelming fragrances. You can even use it to wash baby stuff and shampoo your pets!
Soak feels pretty strongly about protecting the environment. The Soak bottles, caps and labels have always been recyclable and printed with water-based inks. All the bottles have been made from post-consumer resin, which means they’ve already been recycled once.
Please don’t forget to recycle your Soak bottles when they’re done!
Pour a capful or packet of Soak into a gallon of cool water. Make sure there’s enough room for the water to move around and cover the item. Soak it for 15 minutes (longer is okay), then gently squeeze out the water. Although Soak is a no-rinse formulation, rinsing your suit and Soaking it again is recommended for swim.